Community discussions

MikroTik App

singh
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Load balancing

Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:40 am

Hi, I purchased routerOS v. 5.16 a few days ago for a client I wanted to setup. There's whats happening:
They are using two links so I used PCC. But the problem is that one link is using an ADSL router, so the gateway becomes the modem. So the check gateway does not work.
I then tried Advanced Routing Failover without Scripting but the results not as expected; now I am off internet unless I disable one of the two links. If both are enabled, then I cannot browse.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

singh
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Re: Load balancing

Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:15 pm

Any help????????????

mcskiller

Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:38 pm

Hi, I purchased routerOS v. 5.16 a few days ago for a client I wanted to setup. There's whats happening:
They are using two links so I used PCC. But the problem is that one link is using an ADSL router, so the gateway becomes the modem. So the check gateway does not work.
I then tried Advanced Routing Failover without Scripting but the results not as expected; now I am off internet unless I disable one of the two links. If both are enabled, then I cannot browse.
Put the módem in bridge mode and make mikrotik dial pppoe connection

Enviado desde mi GT-I9100 usando Tapatalk 2

krakenant
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:19 pm

I am guessing you have something in your config that is causing the issue. If the DSL router is doing NAT, you need to specify it as your default gateway and not the ISPs public default gateway for your DSL line.

Open new terminal and do a /export compact and post the results, it will be easier to address your issue with that information.