Community discussions

beb
just joined
Topic Author

sample configuration

Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:34 pm

I want to configure an rb751u-2hnd from a .rsc file to simplify replication to several routers.

Unfortunately, I've unsuccessfully tried to create a simple default configuration. Here are the steps I used:
  • Installed default configuration (by pressing reset switch)
  • run "export compact file=A" (file attached)
  • run "/system reset-configuration run-after-reset=A.rsc"
This bricks the router - no longer accessible over any interface. I've never got "winbox enter via mac" working (no mac addresses listed after pressing [...], no matter how I connect to the router - cable to ether2 or wifi).

Running "/system reset-configuration" gives the same result - the router is inaccessible.

From reading the forum I gather that others had problems with run-after-reset, yet from some posts I conclude that some must have been successful in replacing the default configuration (e.g. being able to use ip addresses that differ from the default, 192.168.88.1).

Perhaps there is a different (simpler?) procedure to customize these routers with configuration files. All input is appreciated!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

NAB
Trainer
Trainer

Re: sample configuration

Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:48 pm

Running "/system reset-configuration" gives the same result - the router is inaccessible.
Silly question, but is your Ethernet cable plugged into ether1? If so, try again in one of ether2 to ether5.
Nicholas Barnes BSc(hons)
Certified Mikrotik Consultant
Certified Mikrotik Trainer

Vitell - Asterisk, Linux and network consultants
Unofficial IRC channel: #routerboard on irc.z.je