Community discussions

MikroTik App

danbudy
just joined
Topic Author

Very new to this.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:35 am

I just received a new router, RB2011UAS-2HnD-IN, and I am just starting to set it up.
Not sure which port is meant to be the internet connection, or even if it matters.
I have not really figured any of this out, and any advice towards getting it set up would be appreciated.

This router is truly completely different from anything else I've used. So no matter how basic of advice I am open to it.

I plan to connect my desktop, four other wired connections, and the internet to the ports. Then I will need to configure the wireless access. I have not even turned it on yet, so thanks for the patients. Did not want to mess it up!

Dan.

RazterOfKefrens
just joined

Re: Very new to this.

Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:34 am

Port 1 is default on your device. Remember to be patient if your ISP provided you with a static IP. Sometimes it will take up to four hours before your ISP registers the MAC address of your new equipment. Only then your new routers gets it WAN IP. I've also experienced ISP's that expects you to call'em and ask for a release/renew when setting up a new router. So just plug your ADSL/Cable modem into port 1 and wait a few hours and you should be good to go.