Community discussions

MUM Europe 2020

deejayq
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

address-list that won't go away

Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:15 am

I have a rb750 with routeros 5.20 and i used to have an address-list with metropolitan ip classes (cidr). But then i changed my provider and the new one gives me a bgp session, so i deleted all ip classes from that address-list. But the list name still shows up in winbox. I thought that some firewall rules were pointing to that list but i did an export of the config, and searched the address list name and it doesn't show up.
What can i do to get rid of that address-list?

jgellis
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: address-list that won't go away

Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:01 am

Your logic is correct, the address-list name will appear as a drop-down in Winbox if it is mentioned *anywhere* in config. When you exported, did you export the entire config, or just the firewall section? If the address list contains anything other than alpha numeric characters (like a hyphen), it will be inside double quotes in the export.

Hopefully you can export the entire config and find it that way. There is no other way to remove it from the available choices than to remove all references to it in the configuration. Since Mikrotik does not have the concept of running-config versus startup-config like C!$c0, it can't be hiding anywhere else (there is safe-mode, but that's just not the same, nor applicable in this inquiry).

As a reference, I just exported a verbose config and find address-list variable used in the following sections:
/ppp profile
/ip firewall address-list (duh!)
/ip firewall filter
/ip firewall nat

Note that I do NOT have all available packages installed on this router, so there may be more instances hiding in the config of extra add-on packages.
- If I helped you solve your problem... I am now able to accept tax-deductible Karma donations!

jgellis
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: address-list that won't go away

Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:13 pm

Well I ended up running into this exact same issue with Routing Tables today and following my own advice proved fruitless!

A reboot cleared the temporary table names that are not stored in the config but still mysteriously show up in Winbox. Hopefully the same holds true for your address-list that is still showing up.
- If I helped you solve your problem... I am now able to accept tax-deductible Karma donations!