Community discussions

MikroTik App

TychoX
Topic Author

/ip settings doesn not exist?

Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:15 am

Hi,

in the wiki there is a section called "/ip settings" http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:IP/Settings but there is no configuration section like this on my "rb2011"?

Wrong router-os version? Did the section "move somewhere else"? I cant find any config section where i can configure ip parameters like forwarding.

thx,

Tycho

CelticComms
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: /ip settings doesn not exist?

Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:04 am

Many IP settings are just under /IP. If you are new to RouterOS try looking at Winbox or Webfig - faster overview than the command line.

TychoX
Topic Author

Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:03 am

The "/ip settings" section seems only to be available from router-os version 6 upwards.

Unluckily the router-os upgrade from 5.24 to 6.0rc11 did totally kill my wireless connectivity (wtf ???) otherwise ive would had answered my question a lot earlier myself. Thx Mikrotik......

How can a device which is mostly used for wireless connectivity kill the wireless network during an software upgrade?! If i would had a productive network i would had been in very very deep Sh***.

Maybe someone puts an warning into the router-os upgrade documentation that one may totally fuck up the wireless network config during an upgrade? According to a short google-search it seem to be quite a common problem.

// TychoX

TychoX
Topic Author

Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:06 am

Many IP settings are just under /IP. If you are new to RouterOS try looking at Winbox or Webfig - faster overview than the command line.
Thx for the hint but i am not really into managing routers/switches/servers with GUI tools. I like it Cisco, Juniper and Unix Style. Command-Line rules, at least it should.

CelticComms
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:26 am

Thx for the hint but i am not really into managing routers/switches/servers with GUI tools. I like it Cisco, Juniper and Unix Style. Command-Line rules, at least it should.
Somethings are faster on GUI and some on command line. In the case of RouterOS the GUI is useful for obtaining an overview of the commands and it includes direct access to the command line so you can easily move back and forwards.