Community discussions

MikroTik App

bsterba
just joined
Topic Author

Changing to Mikrotik

Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:10 pm

Hi everyone,

i bought a 751G to replace a K6 router from Pakedge/Fortinet, because i see a lot of features that i could take advantage of from starting to use Mikrotik from now forward. Now, i made the switch, and everything was running fine until i realized that the mikrotik was blocking most of my traffic out and in, i've tried to search this but cannot get it to work and was wondering if someone can point me in the right direction. Imap secure and smtps are blocked by default i guess, or atleast thats whats happening to me, how do i open this ports for the whole network, i cannot find where to define that policy and i'm not too familiarized with routeros yet.

Thanks for the help!

ben

ohara

Re: Changing to Mikrotik

Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:52 pm

Hi Ben, you can try to go into IP>FIREWALL>NAT and disable all default configuration. A good place to start is the wiki (http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:IP/Firewall).

bsterba
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Changing to Mikrotik

Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:05 pm

thanks ohara, i did the change, i will test tomorrow in the office!, does that leave the network too vulnerable an open to the outside?

ohara

Odp: Changing to Mikrotik

Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:38 pm

It is not recommended to disable the default firewall settings especially on your gateway router. But give it a try and check if it resolves your problem. At least then we will know how help you further.