Community discussions

MUM Europe 2020

andaks
just joined
Topic Author

Handling hotspot user that has multiple devices

Sun May 19, 2013 9:16 pm

Hi everybody,

This is my first post so sorry if i'm wrongly posted. :( I need your expertise for my query.

I have hotspot setup up and running using RB750. The hotspot is authenticate with radius server (Freeradius running on ubuntu).
Current setup will not allow same user login in different hardware (Eg 2 different laptop). This is to avoid 2 different people using same login ID. However, technology is getting advance each day and my user has more than one gadget (Eg, one user has laptop, android phone and Ipad).

How to configure the mikrotik hotspot that can allow multiple different type of device using one login ID? At the same time did not allow same type of hardware using one login ID. Look confusing. :?

Here is some example:
User A has laptop, mobile phone and Ipad. All this 3 device can login with same login ID at the same time.
User B has 2 laptop and mobile phone. Only allow login with one laptop and mobile phone at the same time.
User C has laptop and 2 mobile phone. Only allow login with laptop and one mobile phone at the same time.

More simple question(I think): Can mikrotik hotspot detect type of device? Perhaps using browser detection?

andaks
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Handling hotspot user that has multiple devices

Tue May 21, 2013 9:49 am

Is there any help / answer for this? :(

Are RouterOS 6.0 features able to support this inquiry?

http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:Ho ... MAC_Cookie