Community discussions

MikroTik App

Nighthawke
just joined
Topic Author

RB750UP refuses to accept DHCP client from cable modem.

Sun May 26, 2013 11:06 pm

I've been trying for a couple of days now to link up my RB750UP with a Motorola SurfBoard cable modem provided to me by TWC. The model will link up and assign IP addresses to my other equipment after power cycling it, but oddly enough my RB refuses to (or the cable modem is) receive an IP for DHCP client.

I've hooked the RB into a BandLuxe router for testing and it immediately grabs an IP from it using default DHCP settings. But that cable modem has me stumped.

Has anyone else had similar problems and might have a solution or suggestion I may try out?

ALSO!
I've dumped the RB more than a few times and reprogrammed it. In the process it now refuses to reset back to factory defaults, only reverting back to a blank slate, no settings!
Is there a default config file I could use to see if I could force the issue, or am I dealing with a dodgy RB?

Thanks for a fine unit and I look forward to getting this puppy into production!

Specs: RB750UP routerOS 6.0 firmware 3.02
Modem: Motorola SurfBoard SB6141 Brand new

Nighthawke
just joined
Topic Author

Re: RB750UP refuses to accept DHCP client from cable modem.

Mon May 27, 2013 10:44 pm

UPDATE: I just downgraded to v5.25 and it immediately responded to DHCP and appears to be operating normally.

I think something is terribly wrong with V6...