Community discussions

MUM Europe 2020

lorenzesz
Topic Author

Can't connect from Winbox

Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:58 am

Hi,

i have done something that don't let me connect anymore to one routerboard (rb912). I see it in winbox, but via mac it is saying timed out and via IP it is saying no response. Of course all boards are already on the tower.. behind the board to which i cant connect is an SXT. And again here. I can see it in winbox but i cant connect. I was able to ping via bridge1 from the main router. Of course i have played around and now I even can't ping any more from the main router.

What can I do? i don't want to climb up. Is it maybe possible to login from the SXT side to the routerboard (rb 912)?

And i need some clarification.

Am i doing right when i set the mainrouter (rb2011) to switch the chips, then bridge both switch chips , setup a gateway, dns and scrnat? With that config i was able to ping to the internet.

On CPE side i did almost the same, without NAT. I setup as the gateway the next hop. I could ping from SXT to the Internet.

Then..

I even don't know what i did wrong. Maybe i have removed the subnetmask from IP / addresses of the interfaces from the AP (rb912) or i gave all interfaces of the 912 the same IP.

Does anyone know a solution. MAC-Telnet is not working

And last:
I have one 2011. four 912 and a couple of SXT. How set this up? For the beginning I want it just working with NAT on the mainrouter and the rest in bridge mode without anything.

Pls help :(

plisken
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Can't connect from Winbox

Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:26 pm

give the network card from the pc ip-adress example 192.168.1.10
Try then to connect

Try antother ethernet port

Goodluck

lorenzesz
Topic Author

Re: Can't connect from Winbox

Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:58 pm

Ok. I have it. The problem was that on the 912 the interfaces had to be bridged. Quick set make there a mistake.

And i have to climb up to reset the other card.