MikroTik App

peyton
just joined
Topic Author

2 WAN 2nd for backup, not load balancing

Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:28 am

Dear friends,
I am looking for a solution of this:
I have RB750gl ROS6xx and I have 2 internet connections.
First is wireless which is primary with speed 30 x 30 and very good ping about 5ms
Second is dsl line with 25 x 2 with hi ping about 30ms.

Firstly I want to say that I am not looking for load balancing, but just backup for case that primary line is not working.
Maximally if the capacity of primary line is full, then to use second line.

The reason why I am not looking for a load balancing is the hi ping. Lot of people works remotely on RDP RDC where hi ping is problem, that's why I need to would be possible to be connected primary for first line.
In case that first line of the internet is not working should work second line which is dsl. This line should work all time because I want to use it for other tasks like is backuping of data etc, for this I don't want to use capacity of primary line.

On both connections I need to have VPN, from both connection I need access on Mikrotik.

In my network I have Mailserver what I am able to solve by MX that, but this Mailserver has also web access on port 80. So my primary line is mail.example.com second is mail2.example.com.
Reverse dns is setted on both IPs. In case of fail first internet line should mailserver use second line. In case of fail any of both lines I need to access to mailserver from mail.example.com or mail2.example.com

So most important is that second dsl line I want to use just in case fail of first line, or after full capacity of first line.

Any idea how to do it?

Thank you and I am sorry for my stupid questions.

Peyton C.

bingo220
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: 2 WAN 2nd for backup, not load balancing

Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:38 pm