Community discussions

MikroTik App

Ederbooze
just joined
Topic Author

Passing internet through Mikrotik 250GS

Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:02 pm

Ok,

I've been working on this for awhile and finally decided to get it squared away and I'm not 100% sure if this is the place to post it, but I am a beginner with Mikrotik so thought I'd start here.

I am attempting to monitor traffic over my network and so I have the Mikrotik 250GS sitting between two routers (one being the gateway router and the other one for wireless/additional ports), and while anything hooked up to the Mikrotik directly is working fine, but anything hooked up to Router 2 is not getting internet connectivity and it seems like the Mikrotik just isn't passing the internet over no matter what port I plug it into (internet or port 1-5 on the router.

I'm probably missing something simple I am sure as networking is one of my biggest weaknesses so I apologize in advance for silly questions!

cbrown
Trainer
Trainer

Re: Passing internet through Mikrotik 250GS

Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:22 pm

What exactly is the gateway router? It could have had ARP entries for the existing router and when you put the switch in place it will not work because it is looking for the mac address of the router.

What are you trying to achieve with the switch?