Regarding ports, I'd like to use a fast ethernet port as a wan port, since adsl will be 7M, I don't want to use a gigabit port.
I've read http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/How_to_Co ... _xDSL_Line , but I need to
- use all ports as a switch
- just have a wan port, not needing pppoe since I'll have double nat
At this moment, for example, if adsl modem is 10.0.0.1 , do I need to set ether10 to something like 10.0.0.2 and bridge-local to something like 192.168.1.1 if my lan will be 192.168.1.0/24 ?And if 100M is enough for your WAN port you can consider the following scenario as an alternative:
1. Set master port for ports 1, 6 and 10 to none.
2. Set master port for ports 2-5 to ether1.
3. Set master port for ports 7-9 to ether6.
4. Make ether1 and ether6 a part of the bridge (bridge-local).
This way you will have ether10 as your WAN port and bridge-local as your LAN port. 1G ports 1-5 are hardware-switched together, 100M ports 6-9 are hardware switched together as well, and these to groups of hardware switched ports are software bridged.
Then I need to setup NAT, dhcp, masquerading, routes, and a firewall, I've read there are some articles in the wiki, at the moment I'm a bit confused regarding them
I'll have a surveillance camera too, should I create a DMZ ?
Am I wrong about something?
Thank you all !