Community discussions

MikroTik App

cdeastesllo
just joined
Topic Author

Can't use Google Chrome or Firefox to access website

Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:49 pm

Recently I brought RB951Ui-2HnD. I put internet cable into port 1 and connect RB951Ui-2HnD with wireless. Internet is connected but can't use Firefox or Google Chrome to access website. Only IE is work to access website.

Ibersystems
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Can't use Google Chrome or Firefox to access website

Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:40 am

Hello, sorry for this, but: try formating your computer or accept it. I had same problem here but I can work only with chrome :lol: :lol: :lol:

SurferTim
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:17 pm

Hello, sorry for this, but: try formating your computer or accept it. I had same problem here but I can work only with chrome :lol: :lol: :lol:
I do not believe that. There must be something incorrect about the OP's setup. I use all those web browsers on MT routers with the wireless device as the WAN interface.

You should post your setup. The ether1 interface is default the WAN interface and the wireless interface is bridged to the switch, so if you haven't modified those settings, you may have trouble.
http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:De ... igurations

Ibersystems
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:54 pm

Sure. Im saying that the problem is in the computers. My computer needs a format also.

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:58 pm

Recently I brought RB951Ui-2HnD. I put internet cable into port 1 and connect RB951Ui-2HnD with wireless. Internet is connected but can't use Firefox or Google Chrome to access website. Only IE is work to access website.
Maybe your ISP needs manual proxy settings to be provided, and they are only entered in IE?

cdeastesllo
just joined
Topic Author

Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:49 pm

I solved the problem. I reboot my computer and I can use Firefox and Google Chrome. It just weird to my computer. Thank everyone's respond :)

Ibersystems
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:53 pm

Chupaka status showed: "for every complex problem there is an answer that is clear simple and wrong". Here, isn't wrong is easy... :lol:

SurferTim
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:27 am

Wrong would have been what you suggested. The OP did not need to reformat his hard drive, did he? :lol:

Ibersystems
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:58 am

:lol:

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:04 am

Wrong would have been what you suggested. The OP did not need to reformat his hard drive, did he? :lol:
If the PC does this, maybe formating is good advice after all. Nothing happens without a reason. Could be a virus

SurferTim
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:31 pm

If the PC does this, maybe formating is good advice after all. Nothing happens without a reason. Could be a virus
Why would that help? Maybe the OP needs a good anti-virus program.

I have customers that make adjustments to their systems, and the computer needs a reboot to get the new settings. That is not the same as reformatting the drive.

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:32 pm

Why would that help? Maybe the OP needs a good anti-virus program.

I have customers that make adjustments to their systems, and the computer needs a reboot to get the new settings. That is not the same as reformatting the drive.
There are any number of possible causes that antivirus will not fix.

SurferTim
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:36 pm

The OP rebooted his computer and all is well according to him. This is my last post on this topic.

Lsi
just joined

Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:13 am

I had a similar problem like this setting up my new RB750Gr3--I could access the default web interface at 192.168.88.1 but once I customized the router with the wizard the web interface could not longer be accessed. I updated its firmware, which did not resolve the issue; I reset it to defaults on the new firmware, programmed it again and had the same issue. In my case, I was using Firefox and it would work from both IE and Chrome on the same pc & login profile etc. I finally solved it--clearing my browser cache in Firefox fixed the issue.