Community discussions

MikroTik App

hoteloutback
just joined
Topic Author

Hotel in the desert needs some help

Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:38 am

Hi guys,

I have started a job at a hotel in the desert, (think 4 staff and 1 customer per day), and the hotel is using a MikroTik solution to allow customers to logon to the internet via a 'hotspot' login.

The hotel managers, (way into their 60's) use the same login system as a customer to access the internet. For every device they use, they have a username and a password, connect to a broadcasted unsecured network and login using the Mikrotik hotspot page.

Is there a way to create a secondary WiFi network for the managers and staff that requires a network password and that's it?

I have no knowledge of the MikroTik system other than scanning the wiki.

Best Regards,

Andy

DWJ
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: Hotel in the desert needs some help

Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:05 pm

Need to know more about the system.

Is everyone to include owners ans staff using wireless or wired connections?

If everyone is using wireles and have to use a login screen then this IS a secured network.

What type of router and other equipment is in the system?

If I remember correctly, using wireless there is no way to bypass login screen for some users whiles others must use login.

I belive that you can bypass login on a wired connection.

c0d3rSh3ll
Long time Member
Long time Member

Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:09 pm

Hi guys,

I have started a job at a hotel in the desert, (think 4 staff and 1 customer per day), and the hotel is using a MikroTik solution to allow customers to logon to the internet via a 'hotspot' login.

The hotel managers, (way into their 60's) use the same login system as a customer to access the internet. For every device they use, they have a username and a password, connect to a broadcasted unsecured network and login using the Mikrotik hotspot page.

Is there a way to create a secondary WiFi network for the managers and staff that requires a network password and that's it?

I have no knowledge of the MikroTik system other than scanning the wiki.

Best Regards,

Andy
You can create a virtual access point for manager user with encripted connection and a master access point with free access with hotspot feature.

Send from my mobile phone using Tapatalk.

Lorry
just joined

Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:59 pm

Probably not very professional, What i did was go into (IP/userman) and created a user and password, with no limitation and unlimited amount of users.
"and the hotel is using a MikroTik solution to allow customers to logon to the internet via a 'hotspot' login.

The hotel managers, (way into their 60's) use the same login system as a customer to access the internet. For every device they use, they have a username and a password, connect to a broadcasted unsecured network and login using the Mikrotik hotspot page."
Now Instead of a user and password for each device, they can use the same one for all. There is another way that I have seen, Using winbox you can see a user connect, Grab the Mac address and let winbox know to allow that user unlimited & Auto Connection. How this works I am not sure.
Hope the first part helps you mate.