Community discussions

MikroTik App

OlegM
Topic Author

Multi language

Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:31 pm

Virtually all electronic equipment developers have long had and software and technology, and sites in many languages. Why do not you still have to go this route? After all, it will give you a significant development not only for professionals but also for ordinary users and thus can greatly expand your market.
For example, in Russia, many users do not want to buy your router, because there is no OS in the Russian language, as in other routers supplied to the Russian market.
Last edited by OlegM on Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rextended
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Multi language

Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:39 pm

I think is much better using time & money for STABILITY, FUNCTIONALITY, DOCUMENTATION (wiki), and QUALITY ASSURANCE than of waste time for localization (except for User-Manager and end-user HotSpot login web pages).

I think that RouterOS is not oriented to be user-friendly for casual users, but a powerful Routing Software.

You can use webfig to customize some aspect of RouterOS and Language file (search on wiki) for localizing the User-Manager and the HotSpot.

Remember: that's my opinion, not MikroTik!
I'm Italian, not English. Sorry for my imperfect grammar.

OlegM
Topic Author

Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:57 pm

Do you think that other manufacturers are no stability? I think differently. What do they have at the expense of more multilanguage market. Hiring 2-3 people on the job, the company will not suffer. Conversely find more's extensive markets.

rextended
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:18 pm

Do you think that other manufacturers are no stability? I think differently. What do they have at the expense of more multilanguage market. Hiring 2-3 people on the job, the company will not suffer. Conversely find more's extensive markets.
I not think that other manufacturers have no stability.
I think SOME other manufacturers AND software house are the "un-stability made person", I can not and I not want write about that, not on this forum, neither on another way.

Is better hire 2-3 people to ADD functionalities, requested from the W.I.S.P., instead to translate for end-users.

In my opinion end-users at least must use personalized from the wisp webfig, than winbox or terminal...

Most end-user not have knowledge to proper use software, neither operative system (also is fully translated).
RouterOS is not a software like one in the "xx-link", "netxxxx", "edxxxx" or "digixxx" (the most end-user used on my country) access point...

Zavi

Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:38 pm

I don't think that is necessary to localize product targeted for professional usage in IT domain, where you simply cannot exist without at least basic english. Actually i think that it's contraproductive in this case, because if it's in english, you can easily find a help or howto (or make some) about anything and it will work.
My second argument against localization is, that in such complicated interfaces are translation mistakes, which sometimes dramatically change the meaning. (Such as in HTC Sense is in my language written "turn off" instead of "turned off").
And i wonder how much of interfece actually can be translated, because it mosty consists of well-known technical terms, which shouldn't be changed.

Have you ever worked with Excel and need to use some "advanced" spreadseet functions? That's exacly what i'm talking about.

That reminds me of when i was at work and want to connect to home VPN, i need to click on "Connect to corporate network, which will allow you to work at home like if you are at work.". I found this kind of funny, because i want the exact opposite. Can't be there written just "Connect to VPN network" or something like that?
RB751G-2HnD & RB2011UiAS-2HnD-IN at home

rextended
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:44 pm

Another good example from Zavi

Další dobrý příklad z Zavi

Еще один хороший пример из Zavi

Un altro buon esempio da Zavi

(sorry for the missing languages for everywhere in the world)