MUM Europe 2020

RichCowell
just joined
Topic Author

Probing Servers for Disk/CPU/Memory

Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:47 pm

Hi All,

New here and to The Dude...

Got it installed and pinging devices, it's discovered all my switches, servers, and network printers etc. and I was fine with it just pinging... until I noticed it was displaying stats about one of the servers (shown in the screenshot, at the bottom of the middle column) - it did it for this server automatically...

That server is 2008 SP2, while the others are 2008 R2...

I can't get it to probe the other servers to monitor the same info...

Can anyone point me in the right direction for getting the Dude to monitor the other servers in a similar way?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Probing Servers for Disk/CPU/Memory

Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:37 pm

Just enable snmp for public community on the other servers too. But note, it is generally not safe. Set authenticated snmp instead.

Sent from Android by Tapatalk.

RichCowell
just joined
Topic Author

Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:07 pm

Thanks for replying... is there any info on how to configure this for the Dude? I've installed the feature on a couple of the servers now, but they're still not getting any further...

Edit - got it sorted now... with the exception of one test server that's not even pinging... but I'll get to the bottom of that myself... hopefully! lol

Thanks again :-)

francisuk24

Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:09 am

Just enable snmp for public community on the other servers too. But note, it is generally not safe. Set authenticated snmp instead.
Sent from Android by Tapatalk.
I would then set Firewall rules from that IP thats monitering the SNMP traffic then use Drop so it cant be accessed though unwonted requests
RouterBoard RB750R2, RouterOS Level 4
ISP: Zen Internet via VDSL 2 > 74.68Mb Down / 17.84Mb Up