No votes

Total votes: 0

boota
just joined
Topic Author

did i do a woopsie?

Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:38 pm

hi!
after upgrading my rb750g to 6.10 and also udpating to latest firmware, i decided to test out the dude.
after starting running the dude and mapping my network i started experiencing some wierd stuff... it complained about services on my router being down and stuff, and when i tried to log on with webfig i just got a "this page cannot be displayed" error... after rebooting the device i couldn't connect with winbox either... so as you probably can imagine i've had quite the afternoon here :? .
i have tried reinstalling routeros 6.10 with netinstall, and after following this guide, the status says "OK".

However, i still seem to be doing something wrong. because after the installation all the port leds are off even when i have connected the router, the only way to get any traffic indication is to reset the router with the reset button, but i still can't access it from winbox, and no traffic is working through the router.

is there any certain configure script i need to attach in the netinstall utility, or is there something else i need to do? i tried setting the ip address i want for the internal interface on the router in the right side column of netinstall. that didn't help me either...

rickfrey
Trainer
Trainer

Re: did i do a woopsie?

Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:19 pm

When you used netinstall did you get the progress meter saying it was installing?