Community discussions

MikroTik App

Zygote
Topic Author

Bridging the WAN interface.

Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:16 pm

Hey.

So I had to create a bridge with my WAN interface and eth8 (where I have a TV box that connected), and it works fine, but the ports in the other default bridge now dont have internet access anymore. Is there a quick fix for this?

c0d3rSh3ll
Long time Member
Long time Member

Re: Bridging the WAN interface.

Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:36 pm

Maybe you can paste here you export.

sent from my mobile phone using tapatalk

Zygote
Topic Author

Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:41 pm

Sure I can, its the default config though with the only difference being that the WAN interface (eth0) and eth8 are bridged together. And when I did that, the interfaces in the default bridge, bridge-local (eth2-5) no longer have internet access. Which Im guessing makes sense but not sure how to resolve the issue. I can still access the interface from eth2-5 though so I can log into the RouterOS web interface just fine.. Just wont get any internet connectivity.

Rudios
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:57 am

Move your WAN config from ethet10 to the bridge.
Like DHCP client e.g.

Zygote
Topic Author

Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:12 pm

Well the odd thing is that when the gateway interface is in bridge with the TV-box interface, I can still access the web config through the IP on the gateway interface, so is it possible that Im not getting internet because everything is not on the TV-box subnet on the ISP side?

Basically, I need it to appear as if the TV-box interface is connected straight to the wall, so it will get the proper IP range ip from the ISP DCHP server, while still letting my WAN interface on the router get the internet-VLAN IP range IP from the ISP.

No idea how to make it work, as currently I can only have one or the other, depending on whether or not I bridge the WAN interface and TV box interface or not.

Help here would be much appreciated!

Cheers!

Rudios
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:43 pm

If Internet and tv are split over vlans, you need to configure them.

Clauu
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:59 pm

You don't have to bridge the external iface with other ports for internet connection, this is done through routes..