Community discussions

MikroTik App

JanJoh
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

"Conditional routing"

Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:19 pm

Ok, this is probably a "non starter", but why not ask.

I have a /26-subnet assigned at a colocation provider where i run a handful och Machines.
Now i have moved one of those Machines to my home for maintenance.

I wonder if it would be possible to set up a subnet locally but only route SOME of the available addresses there (those pertaining to that specific machine) while pushing the rest out the normal internet pipe.

Right now i just add a second IP to my own computer and that works, but naturally i can then not access any services on the rest of the Machines until i remove that extra IP.

rickfrey
Trainer
Trainer

Re: "Conditional routing"

Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:00 pm

The routing would work. You could also use two MikroTiks and create a Layer 2 tunnel, which would allow you to leave the server configured as it was. EOIP would work very well for that. Would that be a solution?

DWJ
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:03 pm

To ssofet Since this forum does not allow PM's, would you be kind enought to contact me at d.w.johnston@hotmail.com.

Thank you

rickfrey
Trainer
Trainer

Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:41 am

I tried to send you an email, but the email address seemed to be wrong. You can contact us at consulting@iparchitechs.com or at 1-888-MiroTik. You can use 1-303-590-9940 if the toll free number doesn't work for you. Some phone companies don't understand the extra number :D