phuketmymac
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Mikrotik RB450G rebooted on old system Version

Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:16 am

Hello,

A weird things happened this morning.
I wanted to remotely connect to my network using my l2tp connection through my Mikrotik but it didn't worked.
So i thought it was a net problem and then i tried to SSH. Same could not access.

After that i accessed the weblogin page and found that the router was running version 5.20, the old one, before i upgraded a month ago to 5.26...

Now i can't log into to my router at all. I am not even sure that the LAN network infos as been saved when i updated it a month ago (meaning no network connection for my computers)...

Is there anything i can try before resetting the router and load the config again? (meaning going on site)
I hope i did something wrong the last time i upgraded or i would seriously have doubt trusting Mikrotik RouterOs if things like this happens... It's a huge problem!

Thanks.
Best Regards,

leonset
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: Mikrotik RB450G rebooted on old system Version

Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:10 am

This probably won't help you, but I've worked for years with more than one hundred 450G and never had such problem...

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:36 pm

Don't you have more partitions? Maybe you have forgotten it and due to some error it rebooted to second partition with old backup system.

bajodel
Long time Member
Long time Member

Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:23 am

Don't you have more partitions? Maybe you have forgotten it and due to some error it rebooted to second partition with old backup system.
If I'm not wrong, partitioning is a v6 feature ..so this downgrade is quite odd, maybe some old "upgrade" files onto file system ?