Hello. I'm trying to figure out how to run Hotspot server on VLAN intend of physical interface or bridge.
At this moment we have bridge wheres connected 7 PtP UBNT NB5M (WDS) going to 7 relay towers around the zone and around 6k clients connected. At the end i have plenty of drops on bridge, broadcast and many undesired issues.
i would like to build something like this:
- I physical interface, for example Eth2 with 7 VLANs for 7 PtP dishes (All should go through UBNT PoE switch which supports Vlans but problem is that i was trying a week and couldn't understand anything about VLANs )
- 7 hotspot servers running on 7 Vlan interfaces (is it possible ? or Hotspot can't run on VLAN interface? )
- 7 different DHCP servers with different pools
- 1 VLAN for device management , all UBNT APs have static IPs
- 1 Physical proxy server (how can i route bandwidth to that box if all clients will be in different subnets??)
Things i'm trying to understand:
1. I never could make VLANs work. i created them and set in UBNT device VLAN ID, one for management another for LAN interface, had DHCP servers running on both VLANS - 0 bites, no activity.
2. How to make Tough PoE UBNT switch to work with MT Vlans ? same problem - it didn't work, 0 bytes
3. How to route HTTP bandwidth from 7 different subnets to 1 physical interface (Squid is running there)
4. How to make management VLan work
I would appreciate advices or some help
CCR blanco, 6.1