Community discussions

MUM Europe 2020

Wiredup
Topic Author

Trouble connecting to router over PPTP

Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:22 am

Hoping someone can help me. I'm fairly new to using Mikrotik. I have a RB750GL at my home and I have another client of mine using a CRS109-8G-1S-2HnD-IN. I'm using this as a router on quick set as a "home AP". I upgraded the software to 6.20 and checked the quick VPN option. All is good at this site. I am able to connect successfully connect to the site and login into the router to make changes.

To I set up another client of mine with the same router set up using quick set and as a "home AP". I upgraded the software to 6.20 and set up the quick VPN. I am able to connect to the site successfully but I can not login into the router to do any changes to in. If I try the IP address of the router it never connects. I've tried to ping the router and it doesn't work.

Is there something simple I'm missing or is there something I can try to fix this.

Thank you in advance for any info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wiredup
Topic Author

Re: Trouble connecting to router over PPTP

Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:26 am

Does anyone have any suggestions for this? Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gabrielpike
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: Trouble connecting to router over PPTP

Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:22 pm

More information is needed to help troubleshoot you issue. I would suggest looking at differences in IP firewall filter settings first. I usually set up VPNs manually through PPP options.
Gabriel Pike
MTCNA