Community discussions

bclewl1ns
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Problem with TCP Traffic

Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:42 am

I have seen information on this problem all over the Forum. However I have not experienced it until recently.

I have multiple AP - Blend of RB912U N and Net Metal RB921 AC

We are in the process of moving to all Net-metal RB921 AC.

On all systems we are seeing a dramatic decrease in TCP traffic. Testing VIA IPERF see below

LINUX/IPERF---->RB911CPE------->RB912 AP---->RP1100--->Linux/IPERF

We are seeing stable DL from AP to CPE however we are seeing almost nothing from CPE to AP. Moreover the AP disconnects while running the upload test.

At first i thought it might be a weak power supply but all Power Supplies we have are 24v 1 amp.

I have no idea what is causing the CPE disconnect during the upload tests. Now this is not an isolated incident. It is happening across everything. We are using ROS 6.18 and 6.27 Mind you the APwith 6.18 has all its CPE's on 6.18 and a AP with 6.27 has all its CPE's on 6.27.

I then thought buffer bloat but i can't find anything on it.

Does anyone know of any issues with CPE to AP upload problems with 6.18 or higher.

Additionally we are using NV2 we see no difference if moving from NV2 to nstream or 802.11

Final Thought Could it be a queue problem. We are using wireless-default for Wireless and only-hardware-queue for Ethernet.
Brett

What is understood need not be discussed.

imaginative
just joined

Re: Problem with TCP Traffic

Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:57 am

Notice the trend? If you use IPs, that works, but especially with a udp service like DNS, it leaves the door open for spoofing. In all cases, if you change IP addressing then you have more places to go fix the rules. The policy is essentially based on interface anyway, right? If it comes in this interface, it's from the Internet and we should be suspicious.... If it comes from here, then it's from my own network, so I'll trust it..... etc.
sunny

bclewl1ns
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:59 pm

Thanks for the reply. But it makes no sense to what i am asking about. Does anyone have any viable input on this.
Brett

CyberTod
Long time Member
Long time Member

Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:05 pm

There is probably some interference near the AP. Are there other antennas nearby ?

bclewl1ns
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:44 am

There is other antenna close by how ver all are owned by our company and we have a company rule of a minimum of 30 MHz separation.
Brett