Community discussions

MikroTik App

FelixCalvo
just joined
Topic Author

Capsman controller problems

Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:00 pm

Quizás quisiste decir: Hola a todos. Mi consulta es referente al control CAPsMAN. Una vez configurada toda la red, si apago el controler, se cae toda la red. ¿A que es debido? Es su comportamiento normal o es que estoy haciendo algo mas. Agradeceria algun comentario. Gracias.
Hello everyone.
My question is regarding the controler CAPsMAN. Once configured network-wide, if I turn off the controler, the entire network goes down.
Is not it due?
It is normal behavior or am I doing something else.

I would appreciate any comments.

Thank You.

karlisi

Re: Capsman controller problems

Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:45 am

Yes, it's normal. Shutting down CAPsMAN disables wireless on CAP enabled devices which are managed by it.

FelixCalvo
just joined
Topic Author

Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:45 pm

Yes, it's normal. Shutting down CAPsMAN disables wireless on CAP enabled devices which are managed by it.
It is that then the controller becomes a critical point.
There any way that if the controller fails, the wireless network continue working, as is the case with the driver Ubiquiti?

karlisi

Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:42 am

There any way that if the controller fails, the wireless network continue working, as is the case with the driver Ubiquiti?
In my tests, if CAP loses connection to CAPsMAN, it shuts down the radio. So, You are right, CAPsMAN device availability is critical in such network.

marrold

Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:15 am

Yikes. Is there anyway to build in redundancy? Perhaps using the UDP option and VRRP with a second Capsman?