MikroTik App

shaoranrch
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

BGP Aggregates

Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:13 pm

Hello,

I'll be needing to move (very slowly) a fully bridged network to a fully routed one with multiple entry and exit points towards the internet (multiple carriers, all with a BGP peering session).

The first step here is to enable OSPF (after fixing all the mess with the bridges), since this network has multiple peers towards the internet, I'm thinking about using BGP aggregates with the "include-igp" option set to yes, so the edge routers only advertise the /24s when they see OSPF routes that fall within those /24s (I intent to move this to full BGP later, but for now this is the quickest way). This is to avoid potential blackhole situations where the edge gets disconnected from the core network but keeps advertising the routes.

Has anyone used this option or is using it in production? Any issue with BGP aggregates using Router-OS (with and without include-igp) that I should be aware of?

I've been using RouterOS with BGP for quite a while but never doing route aggregation and I hope not to find anything weird that shouldn't be happening.

Anumrak
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: BGP Aggregates

Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:11 pm

Don't forget to add output filter to your peer. Actualy it's pretty simple to aggregate routes from igp.

shaoranrch
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Re: BGP Aggregates

Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:26 pm

Don't forget to add output filter to your peer. Actualy it's pretty simple to aggregate routes from igp.
Hi, thank you for the reply. Yeah it's quite easy, I've been labing this, my concern is if anyone has found any weird thing happening with this approach, we all know sometimes (perhaps too many times?) MikroTik BGP doesn't work as expected, before going live I was thinking on having feedback on people who has already done this.