Community discussions

MikroTik App

cbabcock
just joined
Topic Author

MPLS/LDP issue and debug

Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:44 pm

Hi,

I'm having an issue getting an LDP neighborship to some up on an L2TP tunnel to a Cisco device. I have confirmed that the layer 2.5 packets are arriving but have some communication but not a full neighborship. This means I can't implement VPLS. I tried to do a debug in both topics 'mpls,debug' and 'mpls,ldp,debug' but the Mikrotik showed zero output. Is this a known issue? Has anyone else seen this? I can't fix what I can't see, I have to be able to debug. Thanks all.

CB

StubArea51
Trainer
Trainer

Re: MPLS/LDP issue and debug

Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:13 pm

I would try two things:

1) Do a packet capture and look at LDP in the capture to see why it isn't coming up.

2) Temporarily substitute a MikroTik instead of a Cisco and see if LDP comes up...that will help to narrow down where the issue is.

cbabcock
just joined
Topic Author

Fri Dec 18, 2015 12:56 am

Hi,

Thanks. I got it working earlier. I had to add a command to the virtual template to tell connections from the virtual access interfaces to use interface address for LDP transport.
 mpls ldp discovery transport-address interface 
My greater concern is that debugs dont work. It's a little disconcerting. Mikrotik, what's the deal with debugs? Are some not implemented or broken? I mean please.

Chris

mrz
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:53 pm

Debugs are currently not implemented. We will add debug in the future when we will update MPLS in RouterOS.

cbabcock
just joined
Topic Author

Mon Dec 21, 2015 5:56 pm

Thanks mrz. I appreciate the update.

Chris