Community discussions

MikroTik App

rea1ity
Topic Author

EoIP bandwidth issue between two routers

Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:51 am

‬EoIPTest.png
Hi I tested bandwidth EoIP between two routers using Bandwidth test tool.
And then I knows bandwidth is vey poor what I guess.
I have two ISP service, one is cable modem and this bandwidth 110/15 Mpbs, and other one is fiber and this bandwidth is 1/1 Gbps.
And I tested speed test at http://beta.speedtest.net each other and speed was very similar with they provided speed.
But when I connect two routers using EoIP, and check bandwidth is very poor as you can see what I attached image.
Average speed was 11.5Mbps/11.3kbps via EoIP.
So it can limit bandwidth from ISP if I setup EoIP or VPLS?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ShayanFiroozi
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: EoIP bandwidth issue between two routers

Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:09 am

Hi,

EoIP is a Mikrotik protocol , but it still uses GRE protocol for its communication , also EoIP changes the frames , adds some bytes .....

http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:Interface/EoIP

so it's possible your ISP firewall limiting GRE protocol(port 47) , big frames or anything else . it's better to negotiate with them about their firewall rules !

perinoid
just joined

Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:57 am

Have you checked the processor load during transfer on both ends? In my case (EoIP via PPTP tunel between RB450G and RB750GL on the network with 30/3 bandwidth on the narrow side) I am able to obtain full bandwidth (30MBit) but under almost 100% processor load on Mikrotik. If I remove EoIP and just use PPTP, the load is around 30%. So maybe here lies your problem?

Tytaptalkowane na notatniku

rea1ity
Topic Author

Re:

Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:06 pm

Have you checked the processor load during transfer on both ends? In my case (EoIP via PPTP tunel between RB450G and RB750GL on the network with 30/3 bandwidth on the narrow side) I am able to obtain full bandwidth (30MBit) but under almost 100% processor load on Mikrotik. If I remove EoIP and just use PPTP, the load is around 30%. So maybe here lies your problem?

Tytaptalkowane na notatniku
No, I have two router models are all CCR router it can support hardware offload of encryption/decryption so CPU Usage is very low percentage continuosly during it have EoIP tunneling.
And I checked out ISP have limitation of GRE bandwidth.
I think it not fair of ISP can limitation of specific port GRE(47).
So I will try to port forwarding 47 to 80 or 443 until used this ISP.

Thanks your reply.