gilljr
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

LDP Neighbor - No Addresses shown

Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:39 pm

RouterOS 6.32.4 on both sides
MTU set to 1508

I had a previous posting where I talked about not being able to ping R6 when I enabled the LDP interface on R3 and R6 and neighbors were discovered. That is no longer my issue.

Now when the neighbors are discovered I am having 2 issues.
1. The LDP neighbor discovered is dropping off and re-establishing every 5 or so minutes (operational is going up and down)
2. R6 shows R3's addresses, but R3 does not show R6's addresses as shown in the below images.
R3.PNG
R6.PNG
What can cause this issue and how do I resolve it? There are other LDP interfaces on R3 that are functioning fine.

Gilbert
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

gilljr
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Re: LDP Neighbor - No Addresses shown

Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:36 am

I captured the packets on the link between R3 and R6 at R3 and looked at my capture using wireshark. I do not know exactly what I am supposed to be seeing, but I am only seeing the addresses sent from R3 to R6. Below is a look at my capture.
LDP Packet Capture.PNG
I have R6 scheduled to be rebooted tonight thinking maybe there is something wrong with it and maybe hoping it will work after the reboot. All other routers I have established LDP to from R3 seem to have no issues except for this link making me believe that it is an issue with R6. I am completely out of ideas as to how to solve this and I have gotten zero feedback from the Forum.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

gilljr
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:48 pm

I have now resolved the LDP issue. A reboot did not resolve the issue, but placing advertising filters that only advertise the loopback addresses did. I must have to many addresses assigned to my routers. My VPLS tunnel is also now establishing which is great.

If someone else has some issues getting LDP/MPLS/VPLS established, PLEASE let me know. I am defiantly not the forefront expert but I may be able to provide some help.

hknet
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:52 pm

Hi
would you care to share how you put those filters in place?

thank you in advance,
hk

StrataNet
just joined

Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:33 am

If someone else has some issues getting LDP/MPLS/VPLS established, PLEASE let me know. I am defiantly not the forefront expert but I may be able to provide some help.
I too would be interested in seeing these filters. Cheers!