Community discussions

MikroTik App

wiyat
Topic Author

Best Practice: How to Correct CCR1072 10G capacity 1.8G

Tue May 16, 2017 9:30 pm

Mikrotik Engineer.- We are testing Mikrotik CCR1072 and CCR1036 with SFP-10G with objetive to be use how QoS or Firewall on the last version of Mikrotik.- I attach the picture and I expect that you understand more clear.

Situation:
If I connect 8 Server using a Vlan40 where I set to each server and Public IP Address with mask /28 I set the first Ip to the Vlan40.- I testing download without pass over the Mikrotik QoS/Fibber I Get 8GB on the probe.- If I setup that the traffic that come from my BGp provider that download from the Mikrotik QoS-Fiber and I make the test using my 8 Server just i get 1.8G of traffic.

A. I disable my firewall rule
B. I disable my mangle and Queue Tree
C. I disable the bridge Settng use IP Firewall

But I get 1.8G

Question:
1. Do you consider that I need to put Fibber cable that come from my BGP provider direct to the Mikrotik-QoS-Fiber and After from the Mikrotik to the Cisco, on this way you consider that I can get 8G If I make the test with the Server?

2. Do you consider that Mikrotik CCR1072+10G-SFP On bridge SFP1/SPF2 dont pass more than 1.8G of traffic?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by wiyat on Wed May 17, 2017 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wiyat
Topic Author

Re: Best Practice: How Correct CCR1072 10G capacity 1.8G

Wed May 17, 2017 10:29 am

This morning, we pass the traffic direct without the Mikrotik QoS - Fibber, after we make a download using 8 Debian Server, and the result was more than 7GB aprox.- on This case if you note Mikrotik using Bridge of the SFP+ just to permit pass 1.8G.- The main point here is how do you can pass over the Mikrotik on this LAB 10G without any firewall rule or any Mangle.

I see on the https://routerboard.com/CCR1072-1G-8Splus, the Ethernet test result, where on bridge none (fast path) mode aparently permit to be pass 1518(78,960.3), 512(76,963.8), 64(60,952.4) but on this case I can reach that result on the real traffic.

Mikrotik Staff or Mikrotik User
1. For what reason I cant pass on this LAB the maximun capacity on bridge mode None (fast path)
a. What is the step by step of this configuration
2. About the cabling do you consider that I need to change something
3. How I know if exist a compatibility problem between SFP-Mikrotik and SFP-Cisco and for this reason just I be have 1.8G of Capacity over it

Please write any comment about it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

faisali
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed May 17, 2017 4:09 pm

Can u test it without the Bridge on the CCR ? i.e. just use a single port and n bridge feature... (just for testing).

wiyat
Topic Author

Wed May 17, 2017 8:31 pm

Hello,
I sent an email to Mikrotik Support to report this situation and understand more clear Why.- Apparently this CCR1072/1036 is not support this type of configuration or structure.- I have other idea but I will be continue testing.

I coming working with Mikrotik CCR1016/1036 from the last few year, using how Firewall and QoS moving 1GB with out any problem.- The same firewall configuration I put over the CCR1072 after that I upgrade to 10G, my problem was when I notes that my traffic not increase up to 1.8G.

Mikrotik Architecture
I understand that all traffic that go across the Mikrotik use 1CPU-Core like Simple-Queue, becasue is one stream.- If I use a Queue tree I am creating a different stream on this way the traffic is share for all the differents CPU and we not have a High CPU and not limit in theory the Traffic.

I will be make the following LAB:
1. Delete all the rule of Firewall Filter, Mangle and Queue tree
2. I setup the Bridge how none (fast path)

After that I remove the before, I will be start with the test-Performance:
If the CPU is lower with this configuration I get 10G the problem will be on the Mangle/Filter/Queue Tree configuration,
If the CPU is High and just one CPU has 100% the problem is on hardware

p3rad0x
Long time Member
Long time Member

Re: Best Practice: How to Correct CCR1072 10G capacity 1.8G

Wed May 24, 2017 5:36 pm

ATM RouterOS does not play well with multi threading.

It should be fixed in version 7 but who knows when this will be released.

The only way past this issues is CHR with a cpu with good single thread performance and high clock speed. eg i7 7700K

It will still use 1 cpu but will be much faster.

Usually software is developed for future hardware, but in the case of MT the hardware is being developed for future software.

The day will be glorious if ROS7 gets released and firewall and queues is distributed evenly over all cores.

I dare to say but BGP convergence between 2 1072's will be faster than Cisco/Juniper

savage
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Best Practice: How to Correct CCR1072 10G capacity 1.8G

Thu May 25, 2017 10:24 pm

It should be fixed in version 7 but who knows when this will be released.

The only way past this issues is CHR with a cpu with good single thread performance and high clock speed. eg i7 7700K

The day will be glorious if ROS7 gets released and firewall and queues is distributed evenly over all cores.

I dare to say but BGP convergence between 2 1072's will be faster than Cisco/Juniper
Yup and by that time, everyone would be using CCR's for door stops, and run CHRs :lol:

amt
Long time Member
Long time Member

Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:06 pm

Mikrotik Architecture
I understand that all traffic that go across the Mikrotik use 1CPU-Core like Simple-Queue, becasue is one stream.- If I use a Queue tree I am creating a different stream on this way the traffic is share for all the differents CPU and we not have a High CPU and not limit in theory the Traffic.
did you do that ?