Community discussions

MikroTik App

volkswagner
Topic Author

rfc 3927, gratitious arp, bogus ipv4 version, Src: 00:00:00_00:00:00

Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:48 pm

Greetings,

I realize this may not be the right forum area and my issue is likely not directly related to Router OS.

I'm trying to connect a Nexia Z Wave bridge device. The device won't connect to Nexia servers with just a simple masquerade rule as only firewall rule set.

Nexia support is not helpful, and won't escalate because they don't support "commercial firewalls". Basically Nexia and Schlage lock company want us
to connect our secure locking device to wide open gateway! Support says we just need TCP ports 80, 443, 8897 "open" on the router.

Anyway the nexia will connect if I hook it to a router like Apple AirPort Express.

Using packet sniffer on the Mikrotik it seems the device simply requests DHCP address, then does some odd "bogus IPV4" request, which
does not make it through the Mikrotik. Ironically I see no noise coming from the device using it's own internal LAN ip address.

I don't know where to go from here, other than try to find a different lock solution, as I'm not willing to give up my Mikrotik router.
Router device is 2011UiAS-2HnD running ROS 6.39 (or 6.36 with same result). I even change ip > services > www and www-ssl ports to 8080 and 4443 respectively
to be sure there wasn't any kind of a conflict.

This device seems to have some very basic but bogus check to see if it has internet, then halts when it's bogus check
doesn't come back as positive.

Is there anything I can do on Router OS to make this thing seem like it's behind some crappy consumer grade router? :)
I can connect it directly to one of the 10/100 ports on the 2011UiAS-2HnD. Unfortunately cable provider only
gives me one DHCP public IP, so I don't think I can do any "WAN type passthrough".

Any help is greatly appreciated.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.