Community discussions

MikroTik App

mikrotikedoff
Topic Author

Odd EVDO failover selection

Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:22 am

Hello all,

So I am currently experiencing a rather perplexing issue Id love some thoughts on.

Equipment is 2 rb435gs each with 2 wifi cards one for mesh one for access point.
1 rb435g has an EVDO celluar card plugged into the usb port for internet will call this 435g1. I am able to access the internet through this cell card when connected to the units wifi ap.
I am NOT able to access the internet when connect to the second rb435gs will call this 435g2. Either physically or through 435g2's wifi ap.
HOWEVER if i turn on a second wireless adapter on my lap top and connect to an access point kicked off by my home router while ALSO connected to rb435g2's AP It makes a connection over the mesh to rb435g1's cellular and allows internet access through it. But if i disconnect from my in house wifi which is in no way attached to either 435g it is no longer able connect across the mesh to 435g1's celluar back haul. I am able to perf across the mesh between the both rb435g's in either with or without internet connectivity and get the same bandwidth results either way and can see that the data is passing over the mesh.

Why wont it pass the cellular connection across the mesh without a client device on 435g2 having a separate internet source connected as well.
My in home wifi is 1000 times faster then the cellular card as well so why would it then default to a lesser connection vs going through my home network.
Why is the client device a 435g2 not able to see the cellular card when that is the only internet connection available.

This one really has me scratching my head any help will be greatly appreciated.