Community discussions

MikroTik App

Krlo5
just joined
Topic Author

route,bgp, error cease, subcode=0

Tue May 15, 2018 2:28 pm

Good morning, community

In my company a few weeks ago a cisco router was moved by a mikrotik ccr1036 the same was configured with two bgp sessions against my router from our provider, each bgp session consists of its own segment / 30 and are configured without authentication with Holds 60s and keepalive 0s.

The problem is that the sessions fall constantly and the message that the log shows is (route, bgp, error cease, subcode = 0)

Annex print of the configuration of the mikrotik

add hold-time = 1m in-filter = BGP-In1 instance = IP-Net name = "Level 3 Peer 1"
     out-filter = BGP-Out1 remote-address = x.x.x.x / 30 remote-as = 3549 ttl = default
add hold-time = 1m in-filter = "BGP-In 2" instance = IP-Net name = "Level 3 Peer 2" \
     out-filter = BGP-Out2 remote-address = y.y.y.y / 30 remote-as = 3549 ttl = default

Please, I would appreciate your help and prompt response as this is a router in production.

sri2007
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: route,bgp, error cease, subcode=0

Wed May 16, 2018 4:18 pm

Good morning, usually those subsides messages means that the BGP session is finished by the remote router, have you considered increasing the timers, in the configuration lines I'm not watching that you're not configuring the keepalive timer, that may be a probable reason why your getting this code, which can be explained as "Hold-Timer expired log"; or maybe there are different reasons like when you're reaching the max limit of prefixes allowed by your provider.