Community discussions

MikroTik App

xaman
just joined
Topic Author

Netsuite ERP Allow in LAN

Fri May 25, 2018 11:57 am

Dear all Good after noon,

in my network i want to allow all lan user to access www.netsuite.com ERP Only.

kindly, guide me what and how can i.

i have tried via layer7 and firewall rules by address list. some it is working fine and some time it gaves Reload option at browser "took too long to respond"

www.netsuite.com
netsuite.com
system.netsuite.com
system.eu2.netsuite.com

please help me to resolve it.
gul.zaman83@gmail.com

Sob
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Netsuite ERP Allow in LAN

Sun May 27, 2018 6:08 pm

If you add hostnames to address list and let the router resolve them, it should work. Well, sort of. It's best when clients also use router as their DNS resolver, because in case the hostname happens to resolve to multiple addresses, you want the router and clients have the same one. Another problem is that today's typical website has tons of external dependencies from other domains, so that might (and most likely will) cause many problems with loading.

xaman
just joined
Topic Author

Mon May 28, 2018 12:25 pm

Yes, exactly you are saying true but i want to resolve it for security reasons. I cannot allow 150 clients with full access in my network.

There is only 10 Clients that have need of full access and i have done remaining clients should only access NetSuite ERP in my network via internet.

i have strugled alot but i cannot fixed it. some time its worked ok and some time it took longer time to access.

So, i am confused and share my problem in this MikroTik form.

Xaman
gul.zaman83@gmail.com

Sob
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon May 28, 2018 5:57 pm

As I wrote, use address list with hostnames and make sure that clients use router as their DNS resolver.

Check the websites, what external objects they use (e.g. javascript libraries from some CDNs) and allow what seems essential.

When blocking the rest, do not just drop it, but reject tcp connections with tcp reset, to make requests fail immediately.

xaman
just joined
Topic Author

Tue May 29, 2018 5:32 am

Thank you for your reply and interest to resolve my issue. I am really thank for that.

Actually, i am trying to figure it out what kind of links are there and only found following:
www.netsuite.com
netsuite.com
system.netsuite.com
system.eu2.netsuite.com

Can you please suggest me some way outs to identify what links or libraries are being used or how can i check?

Xaman
gul.zaman83@gmail.com

Sob
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue May 29, 2018 6:03 am

You can open developer console in browser, find info about network requests, and you'll see all used hostnames. Not all of them may be necessary, it may need a little trial & error aproach to find out what is and what isn't.