Community discussions

MikroTik App

smittie2000
just joined
Topic Author

Bypass vpls for certain subnet. Design question

Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:58 pm

Good day

We are moving our network from bridged to mpls/vpls/ospf/dhcp or pppoe. I need help with traffic setup for cctv streaming client over large geographical area.

Highsite`s will all have vpls tunnels to core for clients and gets public ip from dhcp or pppoe. We have client that live streams cctv traffic from control room connected to highsite 7 for example.

Streaming camera`s from highsite 5 there is only 2 hops between site and control room, With vpls tunnel to core will the traffic traverse to core and then back to control room using wireless links..
Is there a way to make it go shortest route or will ospf take care of this automatically? or can i give private subnet to remote sites and ospf will take care of the rest?

Don`t have config to post as i have not tried it before getting clarity about it first.

Any input is appreciated. I don`t understand ibgp yet will start looking at it after this. Just got proper understanding of mtu now.

Anumrak
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Bypass vpls for certain subnet. Design question

Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:12 am

If devices in your network have to work on layer 2 better, then use vpls. If not, better use mp-bgp l3 vpn subnets over mpls. mpls ldp will base on ospf protocol. bgp peers loopbacks will announce over ospf and cctv networks will announce over ibgp. On each router create vrf "cctv" and do symmetric import/export of bgp routes.