Community discussions

MikroTik App

karlpox
just joined
Topic Author

Firewall Question Tracking IP and FastTrack

Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:59 pm

Hi,

Good day! Im quite confused on what I am doing. Basically I wanted to Track the IP of games that I am playing. Save those IPs and use it on FastTrack. But I only wanted to use the FastTrack when the filesize is small. I also have no idea the typical file size my PC is send back and forth to the gaming server.

So this is my firewall rule:
Mangle
chain=forward protocol=tcp dst-port=5340-5352,6000-6152,10001-10011,14009-14030,18901-18909 action=market-packet new-packet-mark=all-gpkt passthrough=yes
chain=forward packet-mark=all-gpkt action=add-dst-to-address-list address-list=GamesIP
chain=forward dst-address-list=GamesIP action=mark-packet new-packet-mark=all-gpkt passthrough=yes

Filter Rules
chain=forward protocol=tcp dst-address-list=GamesIP connection-bytes=0-2000000 action=fasttrack-connection
chain=forward protocol=udp dst-address-list=GamesIP connection-bytes=0-2000000 action=fasttrack-connection

I tried using speedtest on my pc and all the connection went through the fasttrack. I wanted to implement this so that I can direct all gaming connections properly to a different ISP. Since sometimes on steam/blizzard I download and play on the same IP. Is this possible?

Thanks,
Karl