Community discussions

MikroTik App

louisb
just joined
Topic Author

Dual WAN + PPTP client - router(self) wont connect to internet IPs

Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:48 am

Good Day

I am a complete newbie at ROS and sophisticated routing setups, learnt from informal articles and Mikrotik forums, please excuse me if I use the wrong terminology at some point.

• My RB951Ui-2HnD is set up with dual WAN on port 1 and 2 and the automatic default route is disabled and manually recreated with distance 1 and distinctive route markings as I want them to provide separately.
  • The mangle rules that I setup based on source IP's then decides which route to send the traffic to with a route marking in place.
  • Understandably since all available internet routes are marked with a route marking it denies an internet connection to the functions of the router itself, like NTP client, DNS and packages updater. If I then add a route for a respected IP in the routes list for the DNS and NTP client and that works well.

But instead of creating a list of unmarked routes for distinctive IPs allowing the router to connect to DNS, NTP, and mikrotik update servers, how can I address the source field in a mangle rule to allow all IP addresses to the router itself while routing through a marked connection?

Louis

Edit: Spelling mistakes.