Community discussions

MikroTik App

pacman88
Topic Author

ospf losing route

Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:06 pm

hi

i have a crs326 and a wap lte connected via a direct ethernet cable. the interfaces where the cable is attached are in bridges and the bridges do have point2point ip adresses assigned on them.

both devices are running an ospf instance and they do get all the routes they are supposed to. the only problem is that after a while( it seems~30-60min) that those instances are no longer talking to each other and both are loosing the routes of their peer.
as soon as i unplug/replug the cable, take the interface offline or disable/enable the ospf instance on one of the devices it is working again.

both devices also have 2 l2tp/ipsec tunnels to 2 CHRs also participating in ospf and i have not seen the issue there.
also even when the routes have gone missing i can see ospf hello packages from that particular peer in the log if i enable all ospf logging

any ideas where to look at?

BR
Alexander

pacman88
Topic Author

Re: ospf losing route

Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:41 pm

It looks like the problem dissapeared after setting the type of the interface from "broadcast" to "point2point". However i am not sure if that is really a solution. I do not fully understand what broadcast vs. point2point has to do with this particular issue.

BR
Alex