Community discussions

MikroTik App

crt
Topic Author

MPLS, OSPF and best solution for load balancing

Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:37 am

Hello forum.
in my network topology many sites have a redundant link to next router, and multiple possibility to reach next router ("next" speaking from the packet PoV traversing his way to 0.0.0.0/0).
Is something like the classic diamond-shaped configuration, but some link is redundant.
Links are WDS with /29 (R1-PtP1-PtP2-R2) - i'm trasforming it in pure bridged with a configuration AP- Station Bridge then a bridge that carry the address of the /29 IP. Many links are pure bridge with other parties licensed GHz radios.
My goals are
1) distribute the load of bandwidth on redundant links, possibly per-source basis ( e.g. R2 and R3 are neighbors of R1 that have 2 links; R2 flow trough 1st link, R3 through 2nd link). Without use mangling
2) Auto-discovery of best, unloaded path if some path is in overload in respect of configured limits.
OSPF is correctly in place. Every router have a /32 localhost administrative IP for OSPF. Then i start deploy MPLS, with TE configurations on OSPF instance.
Everything seems to be ok: traceroute to any IP of the internal netwoks show me MPLS labels. Traceroute versus e.g. 8.8.8.8 DON'T SHOW MPLS labels.
Then i'm stuck on two things, before go ahead:
1) is there any benefit from MPLS deploy without doing other steps, like my implementation ?
2) With OSPF and MPLS in place like now, what is the best way to achieve my goals ??

Thanks in advance,
Cristiano [CRT]