Community discussions

MikroTik App

ISPIE001
just joined
Topic Author

Using OSPFv3 as transport for IBGP with V6 traffic

Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:56 pm

Hi All
Perhaps I am missing something. Despite many hours of labbing this out, I cannot get it to pass V6 traffic.

Using a LAB setup to simulate real world scenario. At the moment we are using OSPF in conjunction with IBGP where OSPF is the transport layer between loopbacks, we simply want to just add V6 into this mix.

OSPF V3 is up and running - we have enabled the v6 checkbox on each BGP session properties

V6 routes are showing up as active and reachable (via fe80 local link addresses) but no V6 traffic is being passed

This is purely a lab environment at the moment, with no fancy filters and absolutely no firewalling in place so that we know these are not causing any issues.

I suppose my question is, has anyone successfully deployed such a setup using Mikrotik? or are we missing something?

(Test routers are running 6.44 in lab)

patrick7

Re: Using OSPFv3 as transport for IBGP with V6 traffic

Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:20 pm

Recursive Gateway Lookup for IPv6 is not working on RouterOS v6. It's broken for many years (I think 2013) and MikroTik makes zero effort to solve the problem (It will be fixed in RouterOS v7 tm)

bbs2web
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: Using OSPFv3 as transport for IBGP with V6 traffic

Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:54 pm

I documented a solution to this in the following thread. RouterOS IPv6 bug pertaining to link local address generation on bridge interface was reported as having been fixed but I've retained admin mac on our routers:
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=42268&p=688490#p688490