Community discussions

MikroTik App

ankitnaik2992
just joined
Topic Author

Ibgp Upload traffic issue between mikrotik and Huawei

Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:03 am

Hello Team,

I have ebgp peers currently terminated on Mikrotik router and pppoe customers connected on it. Now I have added Huawei router and formed Ibgp between them. Now I am trying to move these ebgp peers from mikrotik to Huawei router and export them to mikrotik with next hop self on huawei. I see routing table getting populated on huawei and networks are reachable. Once routes are export to mikrotik, i see routes with huawei as a next hop. But these routes are unreachable. I did trace route and see that trace drops after huawei router. I am able to ping till ebgp peers ips from mikrotik via Huawei router and gets no further reply. I have changed as notation as plain text. Need help

pmladenov
just joined

Re: Ibgp Upload traffic issue between mikrotik and Huawei

Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:06 pm

If you can see IBGP routes on Mikrotik device and your traceroute from Mikrotik dies on Huawei, I'm temped to believe that the issue is in the other direction - are you advertising your Mikrotik subnets to Huawei? Does Huawei router advertise Mikrotik subnets to its eBGP peers?

ankitnaik2992
just joined
Topic Author

Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:18 pm

Team,

Could you please help

ankitnaik2992
just joined
Topic Author

Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:18 pm

Yes.. mikrotik subnets are advertised to Huawei and i can ping pppoe customer from Huawei router. You mean to say the issue is on the ebgp side ?. In what way provider can drop my prefixes ?
It's strange since i can reach all routes from huawei and One extra ibgo hop is creating issue.

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:49 am

Yes everything goes to the Huawei unit (otherwise known as the PLAAF Device). ;-)

ankitnaik2992
just joined
Topic Author

Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:35 pm

What's that? air Force ?. 😴 . Can provider drop the traffic that is one with extra hop on ttl or something like that