Community discussions

MikroTik App

davros
just joined
Topic Author

How to assign routed public ip

Thu May 02, 2019 1:27 am

Greetings to all, I currently have a network with ospf interconnected several nodes, my clients are with private ip with pppoe in the range 172.168.0.0/22, now I am presented with the need to assign one of my clients a public ip that requires for your business because it says that you will use for mail, the issue would be how can I assign a public ip in front of the private, I used to do it by means of static route assigning in the following way which is very easy with routes static:

/ ip route add gateway = 172.168.10.8 dst-address = 190.94.xxx.xx / 30

I clarify that the public ip is not real of my range, the thing is that I would like to do the same but taking into account that now the network is with OSPF and how I have to do it without leaving the current configuration.

Thank you very much for your response.

iHyenDeer
just joined

Re: How to assign routed public ip

Fri May 03, 2019 1:07 am

Just add a Dst-nat to all ports to a specific IP .

It's a NAT RULE, You won't be publishing the IP yourself, however everything coming from public x.x.x.x including ports will be fordwarded trought NAT to your local x.x.x.x.

Just asign your Customer to a static IP so you won't mess up giving the NAT to a random user from your local/xx

davros
just joined
Topic Author

Re: How to assign routed public ip

Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:45 am

Ok, I do not understand the procedure very well, is there any way to do it from "/routing filter" to continue with the same dynamic routing procedure?

As I indicated in my first post what I want is to get the public IP (190.94.xx.xx.xx / 30) behind a private ip (172.168.2.6/32), it should be noted that the ospf I have it by area and the ip I want to assign in a secondary Node that is somewhat distant from my main Board, I enclose it is scheme so that you have the clear idea, I hope you can help me with this.

Or with another procedure that is not static routes can I do it, some example that you can give me?