Community discussions

MikroTik App

davros
just joined
Topic Author

How to correctly work an OSPF multi area network?

Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:12 pm

Dear, for consulting something specific, I am currently passing the network with OSPF, but I have a question.
Is it advisable to make a network without the Backbone 0 area?

Could a multi-area network be made without the Backbone 0? the issue is that I configured with the backbone but when wanting to pass internet traffic did not go out, I had to make a tunnel to be able to get traffic out of navigation, but I did with direct areas, and traffic could leave without any problem, now the query would be, how necessary is the backbone area, at the moment I put it into practice with the GNS3 in the following way as the graph.

Or the correct way would be like in this second graph that I show that it is from my network itself?

If this is correct, the configuration would be similar to the first one of the graphic but with the difference that the Backbone is added or is there something more specific that would have to be done so that the traffic passes only with masking on the Printipal Edge Team?

Vooray
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: How to correctly work an OSPF multi area network?

Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:35 am

You must have a0, since it holds all abrs.
And you have wrong circles drawing - abrs splits areas.

StubArea51
Trainer
Trainer

Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:35 pm

The backbone area is a fundamental part of OSPF.

What kind of network is this? ISP, Data Center?

davros
just joined
Topic Author

Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:25 am

Hello everyone, thanks for your answers, I told you that I just finished configuring in gns3 the configuration that I have in the network, it is a wisp network and I wanted to see the most optimal, that's why it was the question, now I have it configured as I attached them in this new image, the thing is that there are several nodes and in these there are secondary links with mimosa and air fiber equipment, at the moment the configuration is fine