Community discussions

skopjanecot
just joined
Topic Author

VPN Mangle rule blocks vlan access

Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:24 pm

I am using the hAPac2 at home and have managed to set up vlans on virtual wireless interfaces. I have connected them to PIA-VPN through l2tp-ipsec. Everything is working fine except that I cannot ping and access the devices on the vlans (example: settings page of my network audio player).

I have managed to find the Mangle rule that is causing the issue.
 0    chain=prerouting action=mark-routing new-routing-mark=PIA Home passthrough=yes src-address=192.168.20.0/24 log=no log-prefix="" 
 1    chain=prerouting action=mark-routing new-routing-mark=PIA Home passthrough=yes src-address=192.168.10.0/24 log=no log-prefix="" 
 2 X  ;;; Audio vlan PIA Routing
       chain=prerouting action=mark-routing new-routing-mark=PIA Home passthrough=yes src-address=192.168.30.0/24 log=no log-prefix=""

Can anyone suggest how can I keep the Mangle rule and be able to ping and access the subnets.

Thanks for your replies!

Sob
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: VPN Mangle rule blocks vlan access

Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:15 pm

People who quote full posts should be spanked with ethernet cable. Some exceptions for multi-topic threads may apply.

skopjanecot
just joined
Topic Author

Re: VPN Mangle rule blocks vlan access

Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:26 pm

Thanks! It worked!
I used the b) option you proposed. Made an address list first with all the local subnets, so I don't have to create mangle rules for all combinations.