Community discussions

MikroTik App

0daymaster
just joined
Topic Author

OSPFv2 over GRE over IPsec transport results in no OSPF routes installed in routing table

Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:14 am

Hi I am running a GRE tunnel (over IPsec transport) between a MikroTik RBSXTR and my core router (pfSense). The GRE tunnel works fine; both devices can ping each others directly connected interfaces. The interface metrics match on both ends and the two routers successfully forms an adjacency.

I am implementing the GRE tunnel as a redundant link back to my core router. The MikroTik RBSXTR has another neighbor connected via fast Ethernet. The correct OSPF routes are being installed in my routing table under normal circumstances.

However, when I force down the fast Ethernet link on my MikroTik RBSXTR to simulate an outage no OSPF routes get installed in my MikroTik RBSXTR routing table. The GRE connected neighbor (pfSense) re-converges with the correct routing information. What's perplexing is that the correct OSPF routes show up under routing/ospf/routes

What am I doing wrong here? Thanks.

Anumrak
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: OSPFv2 over GRE over IPsec transport results in no OSPF routes installed in routing table

Mon Dec 16, 2019 4:22 pm

Hey. All link advertisements has to be installed before links outage from both neighbors. Do you see them simultaneously? Print here ospf section from both sides and router-id's.