Community discussions

MikroTik App

blackmetal
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Blackhole and bgp advertisements issue

Sat Dec 28, 2019 11:29 am

Hello,We have a Mikrotik CCR 1072 and we have 3 upstreams in our routers and for blackholing we shoild first tag that /24 with a specific community to force traffic from one of the upstreams and then tag /32 for blackhole.the issue here is when we tag /24 and /32 they are working properly so the traffics force to that blackhole uplink and that /32 will be blackholed but after x Minutes when i remove those tags that /24 does not announce to my other upstreams, however i have the routes in my advertisements but my upstreams does not have them in their received routes and i should manually disable/enable prefix in bgp->networks.so whats the issue and how can we solve this?Thank you.

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Blackhole and bgp advertisements issue

Sat Dec 28, 2019 12:45 pm

It is a known issue that changing route filters while the peer is connected often does not work out well.
You can try to use the resend-all button/command.

blackmetal
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Sat Dec 28, 2019 1:00 pm

can i arrange my route filter and disbale/enable bgp peers once ?
because my fastnetmon do this actions automatically and can not use resend button

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Dec 28, 2019 1:38 pm

I presume that program works via API, can't it just issue a "/routing bgp peer resend-all" command via API?
Of course first check via GUI if this resolves your issue at all.

I would not recommend disable/enable peer as that will cause route flapping and take a lot of time to stabilize.