Community discussions

MikroTik App

tberg
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

BGP route issue

Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:20 pm

I am testing a new design we are planning to implement and running into a strange issue. The network consists of 2 edge routers each connected to a different upstream peer and an iBGP connection between them. Everything works fine until I disable the iBGP connection between the 2 edge routers. After the hold time expires and the routers withdraw their iBGP advertisements, the ISP routers lose the eBGP routes sent by the edge routers. The ISP routers show 0 prefixes on the peer session with the edge router, but the edge router shows that it is still advertising the prefixes.A refresh on the ISP router side or resend on the edge side will restore the routes. Am I doing something wrong, or is this a bug? All routers are at 6.46.4.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

sri2007
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: BGP route issue

Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:10 am

Sounds interesting, can you post the BGP config & routing-filter configured at each edge server?

tberg
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Re: BGP route issue

Sun Apr 19, 2020 2:11 am

Sorry so long to respond. Didn't realize you replied. I think the issue might have been hardware related. My original lab was some old 450/450Gs we had laying around. I tried to re-create with some 4011s we were getting ready to deploy and everything worked as expected.