Community discussions

MikroTik App

ste
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Topic Author

New Bridge config + MPLS/VPLS working?

Tue Aug 25, 2020 1:06 pm

Anyone running successful vlans which are part of a new bridge config (ingress filtering) through vpls tunnels? Anything to look at?

I have strange effects adding another VPLS tunnel to existing tunnels going to a central bridge. This new tunnel is originated from a RB450Gx4 using the new bridge/vlan config. All other VPLS Endpoints use the old vlan config and bridge the vlan interface with the tunnelinterface in a separate bridge.

I see that through this new tunnel 1500 Packets do not make their way and I see routes at the central router going through other tunnels of the same bridge do not work with MPLS as soon as I add this new tunnel. Even removing the new tunnel does not make them work again. I have to disable enable the routes to make them work again through MPLS/VPLS.

CZFan
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Location: South Africa, Krugersdorp (Home town of Brad Binder)

Re: New Bridge config + MPLS/VPLS working?

Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:27 am

Yup, have it at a customer of mine (WISP) and no issues

ste
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Topic Author

Re: New Bridge config + MPLS/VPLS working?

Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:27 pm

I had to increase Advertised L2MTU for VPLSTunnel at the side of the new bridge config. With old bridge config it works with 1514. With new Bridge config I need 1530. So at one side of VPLS Tunnel I have L2MTU=1514 now and at the other side 1530. Bridges show L2MTU of 1514 on one and 1530 on other side. MPLS MTU is 1526 everywhere.

Not realy clear what is happening there ...

Edit: This also solved the problem at the router of the central vpls-Tunnel Bridge. Routes running over the bridge where this one bogus tunnel is connected to, did not work. They stayed unoperational even after removing this tunnel. Disable/Enable of the routes helped. Seems this is enother example where MPLS come to a state which needs a kick to get working again. There is a long lasting Bug in MPLS/LDP where it does not regenerate from a bad state by its own. Seen this behavior with changing IP-Adresses where I have to Disable/Enable MPLS to clean things up.