Community discussions

MikroTik App

gmpcontact
just joined
Topic Author

Noob, L2TP interface and PPPOE interface, Port Forwarding does not work (NAT)

Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:16 pm

Hello guys,
I am a new Mikrotik user and I am facing a big problem that I can not solve on my own without your help.
I am using a CCR1009 router, I have a PPPOE Interface on ether1
I also have a L2TP-out (l2tp client) interface. I cant access my server from outside office with NAT (port forwarding). Both interfaces are with the same distance on IP->Routes

Please help me, is urgent
Thanks in advance

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Noob, L2TP interface and PPPOE interface, Port Forwarding does not work (NAT)

Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:24 pm

What does port forwarding have to do with L2TP? That is a VPN method.
Are you saying you wish to vpn tunnel from work to home, or home to work or anywhere to work.
I'd rather manage rats than software. Follow my advice at your own risk! (Sob & mkx forced me to write that!)
MTUNA Certified, by the Ascerbic Llama!

gmpcontact
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Noob, L2TP interface and PPPOE interface, Port Forwarding does not work (NAT)

Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:36 pm

What does port forwarding have to do with L2TP? That is a VPN method.
Are you saying you wish to vpn tunnel from work to home, or home to work or anywhere to work.
Hello anav
I have vpn for my office, so this means that every pc here works with vpn. But when I port forward a server (NAT), i cant access it from outside. If i disable l2tp-out interface NAT works.
If it is enabled, nat does not work

ggyygg1120
just joined

Sat Nov 07, 2020 4:35 am

You can first connect to the company's VPN, do MSQ on the home VPN interface, and then make a static routing table on the home routing table to specify the company's network segment from the VPN interface.