Community discussions

MikroTik App

sirusx
just joined
Topic Author

OSPF and MPLS peer reset problem

Wed Dec 23, 2020 8:00 am

Hello,

I have been running an OSPF MPLS/VPLS setup on mikrotik and its OK unless I need to make any changes...

Any time I change a setting on an OSPF peer it resets the connection.

I cannot even change cost to dereference a link before taking it out of service without causing an outage anyways...

From what I can gather Mikortik thinks this is good behavior for a router and has make no effort to fix this for years.

Am I at the point where my little MPLS/VPLS network I use to transport PPPoE has grown to demanding for mikrotik to reliably serve?

Please advise if I have missed something here as I am moving to a solution that does not involve resetting PPPoE sessions because we want to change a route.

Thank you,
sirus

sirusx
just joined
Topic Author

Re: OSPF and MPLS peer reset problem

Wed Dec 23, 2020 6:18 pm

If I switched to a BGP signaled MPLS setup would this problem go away? Has BGP been implemented properly allowing cost changes without a peer reset?

The goal is to keep PPPoE sessions online and happy during administratively controlled network topology changes.

metrotyranno
just joined

Re: OSPF and MPLS peer reset problem

Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:04 pm

I have the same issue. I provided mikrotik with replication steps and a test environment where they are free to do anything however I've gotten no response yet. Ticket has been open for nearly 2 months now. Even changing the name of the VPLS will kill it, new vpls's even need an LDP clear for them to come online. The funny thing is that on the other end of this vpls (a brocade router) thinks this link is operational even though its not on the mikrotik.

Ticket for you mikrotik folks: SUP-36852