Community discussions

MikroTik App

AlexM2020
Topic Author

OSFP Public IP Subnet

Wed Dec 30, 2020 5:14 pm

Good evening,
currently I have a totally bridged network but for reasons of size I decided to adopt a new configuration by inserting some routers with OSPF protocol.
I would like to implement a Core Router that implements a BGP session with my ISP. Subsequently with the OSPF protocol I would like to make the routers communicate as in the following network diagram. So far everything is working, I get the problem when I would like to go and manage the assignment of my public subnet xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/24 assigned to me by RIPE. I would like to be able to place a number greater than 2 or more Public IPs on both the Tower 1 router and the Tower 2 router. I have read that it is actually feasible with the OSPF protocol but after several tests I could not find a working configuration. I have searched for similar examples online but have not come to any effective solution.
Forum.png

Thanks in advance for any help or advice
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

StubArea51
Trainer
Trainer

Re: OSFP Public IP Subnet  [SOLVED]

Wed Dec 30, 2020 6:18 pm

There are two different articles that I think would help you here:

The first is an overview of migrating from bridged to routed for a WISP

https://stubarea51.net/2019/09/15/wisp- ... to-routed/

The second addresses your concern of getting IPs from a /24 out to the towers. VPLS with MPLS is one of the best ways to do this. You keep some of the benefits of efficient addressing utilization from a bridged network but the underlay is all L3.

https://stubarea51.net/2018/04/23/wisp- ... c-subnets/

fiendshard
just joined

Re: OSFP Public IP Subnet

Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:25 pm

Dammit' guys, it is OSPF (Open Shortest Path First) not OSFP - please use correct terminology when posting and replying, you are not some firecracker salesmen from Malawi.

Think of the bots and crawlers -- not all of them are smart enough.

Also, there is that common mistake made even by the creators of this forum (thread) - see attached pic
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.